Friday, September 22, 2006

Are you thinking?

People of the world I ask you this...
Why on God's green earth would you ever assume or think that I would love to style anyone's hair for free?
Now I'm generally a nice person and would love to do some service for those less fortunate than myself, but when it comes to business and money there's NO FREEBEES!!!
Unless I offer this to you out of the goodness of my heart, there should only be predetermined moneys handed from you to me, after service has been completed.
Your mom may cut your hair for free, but I'm not your mom.
You may offer to take me out for a meal but that's only in addition to the payment NOT instead of. I can feed myself more effectively with the money that you give me, then to be taken to a restaurant and waste 10 bucks and gas to get there. To me, that's silly.
Just to be even more clear, when you are asking for a service to be done, you are now a client, and when has a client in any profession, ever decided the payment?
To acquire the skills of any profession cost a lot of money and why would anyone pay for this only to, in the end do it for FREE?

This is how I view it.

For future reference:

Haircuts: $20.00 =$10-my time + $10-my knowledge/experience.

In most salons: $25-60+ = they only get 50% and they rush through it to get rid of you so they can make more money, more butts in the seat the more money in their pocket at the end of the day.

Me- I'm about quality not quantity. I do this because I love it and want to help. If I wanted the money I'd work in a salon and charge you $50+, because that's what I'm worth there via experience and education. If you do the math, you're still getting a deal any way that you look at it.

For those of you that want everything for nothing, it's because of you that there aren't more of people like me. For people with the previously mentioned attitudes, Leave Me Alone. Quit bugging me to do you hair cuz I'm not interested. I want to continue doing hair and loving it but if I allow myself to take clients like you I'd start to hate it again and I don't want that.
I'm great at what I do, so pay me what I ask and Quit Complaining. If you want to pay less go to Cost Cutters and see what you end up with but DO NOT come crying to me to fix it.

That's How It Is.

3 comments:

LaughClown said...

People, no matter hard-core laissez faire capitalist, seem to view the skill of neighbors as some free style community thing. Often its because people are generally inconsiderate. They only see as far as the inside of their wallet and dont bother to notice that work is work. Neighborship, friendship buys you a good deal, I agree, but past that work is work. It seems to me that no matter how great a job you have or how much you love it, work is work. Works sucks to at least some degree no matter what. Maybe its cause people are just stupid, and especially selfish. Im guilty of this, as is everyone at some point, but at some point you have to realize that those arent just people you know, they are the same lazy selfish stupid person that you are and dont want to do that crap for you for free, cause hey, would you want to?

YDNEW said...

We all are self absorbed at times as well as selfish I agree.
Being aware is half the battle, armed with the knowledge of the other side of the coin helps me be more grateful for service rendered by anyone and less parasitic.

YDNEW said...

Gahl! Some people sure have a lot of nerve! What next, are they going to ask you to bend over and take it?



Notice to all un-paying or cheap customers: Wendy has been doing your hair for free – you should feel bad about that!



Hers how I see it- I’m all like uh, I’m sorry but you asked me. I’m not making you get your hair cut – but you are making me cut your hair so fif-dy dollars please. You need to make people more accustom to your rules!



In my world this is how I do It:

…I go to no one, you come to me!

…you pay me –what I’m worth; I’m not going to

try to get something for nothing from you

…if you stand me up and you had a coupon,

or I was being nice and discounted it

you just lost your discount!

…family is about ½ price

…any barters/trades are negotiated before hand

…your late – reschedule. Your not going to blow my day.

…and yes I’m NOT your mom, so throw away your

own trash and don’t forget anything because

NO, I will not bring you your forgotten whatever

even if your on my way home.





Wendy you don’t charge enough. They think ugh, im getting it in my kitchen… but from where you stand… they just got a house call from a professional. And gosh the time inconvenience there travel to them travel home –ugh they should be worshiping you!



What Wendy’s receipt should look like:

Haircut: $35

House call: $20

Gas: $6

Tipon $61 $9


Total: $70


Posted by Merideth on Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 10:45 PM