Sunday, November 12, 2006

Step beyond your zone of comfort

When I told a new acquaintance that I get stage fright and can't do any sort of performance in front of groups exceeding the number of 5 people they're response was utter shock.
they told me that I was the most outspoken and friendly person they knew and couldn't believe I could possibly have any such shyness.
oh, yes I could...
I haven't always been "miss talks to everyone, can I be your friend."
believe you me it's been a long time coming and some serious work to get to where I am today.
what really is there to fear in speaking up?
to say hello to a stranger...
what's the worst to happen?
rejection?
if that's the worst conclusion, if you really think about it, you just back to square one.
square one being not knowing them. Where's the loss?
there's plenty of other people in the world
if one doesn't respond to your liking move on and look at it as their loss.
quality people not quantity if you ask my opinion.
life can be simple and very fulfilling if you allow it to be.
use your filter and find the gems.
they are out there.
so, refine your eyes and ears and your collection can become priceless and of rare beauty.

2 comments:

LaughClown said...

there is something primal in a fear of public speaking, i think. I dont mind speaking in front of people in that there is nothing directly in the act that scares me. However, if I ever do speak, even a comment in a group I dont know too well I get shaky and my hands get tremors. I dont think there is anything to be afraid of but my body doesnt agree. Oh well.

Susan Spransy said...

I totally get this. I am with you on the quality not quantity factor.