Thursday, October 19, 2006

Scattered Memories

Like an attic the webs form in the corners of his mind. Memories stored in boxes marked in sharpie faded to illegible. He sees faces in old pictures that have a familiarity but he can't place from where or why...
sometimes the rays from the windows catch something new to bring to focus but only for a brief moment and then it's gone.. Where am I? Who am I? What yr is it? Is what goes through his mind...
It's 20 yrs ago for him and where's his brother? He asks.. He has to take me to work. I'm going to be late.
Grandpa it's me. Where are you? It's 2006 and we're not in Kansas.
He's a fighter.
time passes and he's still here.
his body is shutting down but he holds on.
There she is! His grand daughter, where have you been? I'm so happy that you're here.
He sleeps unmoved.
It's time is whispered into her ear.
It's ok, they're all waiting for you.
you don't have to fight anymore.
We love you.

1 comment:

LaughClown said...

If you want or need anything, just call.